Statement of compliance and approval of Registration
No organization shall discriminate in membership or activities on the basis of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin and/or handicap. Purposes and activities of a registered student organization must not conflict with the purposes and regulations of the University of the Incarnate Word, including its mission. All officers of the organization must be registered students. A majority of the members of a registered student organization must be registered University of the Incarnate Word full or part-time students. Participation of faculty and staff is encouraged. Failure to follow all applicable campus, state and/or federal policies, procedures, or statutes may result in the suspension of loss of any or all benefits as a registered student organization.
Review the following guidelines for starting a new student organization:
- Meet with the Student Organizations Coordinator to review the approval process and application materials.
- Necessary paperwork must be completed and/or revised if necessary:
- New Student Organization Application
- Constitution and Bylaws (electronic and hard copy)
- Student Membership Roster
- Agency Account Authorization
- Review guidelines for writing the constitution and bylaws of the organization.
- At least eight (8) student members must be listed on the Student Membership Roster.
- The purpose and activities of the organization must be presented to the student body at a designated General Assembly.
- New Student Organizations are approved by the Student Government Association and the Director of Campus Engagement