Panels on songwriting, publishing and audio engineering to be featured
San Antonio, Sept. 9, 2019 – The University of the Incarnate Word – Department of Music is proud to present its Inaugural Music Industry Workshop (MIW@UIW) set for Saturday, Sept 14 from 10 a.m., to 4 p.m., in UIW’s Luella Bennack Music Center. The purpose of MIW at UIW is to bring music industry professionals, educators, and musicians together to share their knowledge and experience with students interested in pursuing a career in music business.
The event is free and open to the public.
Event activities include:
- Free breakfast tacos in the morning and refreshments throughout the day.
- A music industry trade show with vendor tables representing many music-related businesses and organizations including the Texas Music Office, Sam Ash Music Stores, GRAMMY U, Studio M, TuneCore, and more!
- Networking with fellow musicians and music industry pros.
- Panel discussions on songwriting and publishing (with several successful GRAMMY Award-winning singer/songwriters and publishers) and recording and producing (with several GRAMMY Award-winning engineer/producers) To see bios on the presenters visit https://www.uiw.edu/music-industry-workshop/bios.html
- A presentation on music industry education programs.
- “Five on One” intimate discussion groups with panelists and other music pros.
- Musical performances by GRAMMY Award-winning singer/songwriters.
- Grand opening tours of UIW’s world class studio.
This event is being coordinated by Jim Waller, UIW Music Industry Studies Coordinator. You can reach Mr. Waller at email@example.com.
For more information, visit www.uiw.edu/music-industry-workshop/index.html