The University Mission Committee is composed of representatives from the various Schools and administrative areas. Its main responsibilities revolve around the following:
- To understand the mission and core values and what they mean in everyday life and work situations.
- To assist in creating an environment which promotes mission and values.
- To assist and advise in developing ways to integrate mission and values into every aspect of the organization.
- To be the eyes, ears, heart of the institution-to listen, to observe, to experience what employees are concerned about.
- To provide a forum for discussion of ideas, resources and concerns regarding mission and values.
- To assist in designing celebration activities, e.g., Heritage Week and Incarnate Word Week
Goal and Objectives
To identify, facilitate and reinforce the integration of mission values in all aspects of campus life.
- To promote educational activities which help to deepen our appreciation for Incarnational Spirituality and its relationship to mission.
- To participate in the effort to articulate the behaviors which demonstrate mission value integration.
- To foster the University's role in carrying out the Church's social mission.
- To participate in mission-centered hiring processes.
- To collaborate on producing a mission/orientation video.
- To continue the ECE dialogue.
- To take a leading part in the CCVI Spirit Award and the Student Spirit Award processes.
- To develop and lead special mission events, e.g., Heritage and Incarnate Word Weeks.