Applying for financial aid beginning Oct. 1 each year to qualify for state, federal and university grants. UIW's FAFSA code is 003578. Visit the financial aid page to learn more.
Meet with your admissions counselor to review your financial aid. When ready, confirm your attendance (pay your $100 confirmation fee) to begin the enrollment process. This step does not apply to part-time or non-degree seeking students.
Submit official transcripts from each institution attended. Students with fewer than 24 college credit hours are also required to submit an official high school transcript (with SAT or ACT scores) or official GED scores.
Housing is available for students wishing to live on campus. View available residence halls and apply online here. (Confirmation fee must be paid in order to apply) This option requires a $225 deposit.
Students who scored below 550 on the math portion of the SAT or 22 on the math portion of the ACT are required to take the Accuplacer or TSI to test into college-level math. UIW offers the Accuplacer at no charge for UIW students. Sign up for a test date here.
Transfer students will register for classes during Orientation. Choose an orientation date and register here. To ensure relevant scheduling during registration, all official transcripts must be submitted at least two business days prior to your selected orientation date.
1. Academic merit scholarships are renewable for up to four years of undergraduate coursework so long as students maintain a 3.0 GPA and continuous full-time enrollment.
2. Admission to the university does not guarantee admission to a specific program. Contact the Office of Admissions with any questions.
3. Students under 24 credit hours will be required to submit a final official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores, if taken within the last two years.
4. It is recommended that UIW students have a laptop for their coursework. Students may purchase a laptop from outside the university, use an existing laptop, or purchase one from the UIW bookstore.
(210) 829-6005 | (800) 749-WORD