For current fees and payment deadlines, please contact Linda Gianotti, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gilman scholarship provides awards up to the amount of $5,000 for undergraduate students receiving a Pell grant and interested in studying abroad. Applicants must be a US citizen, in good standing at UIW and enrolling in a credit based study abroad program. Apply at link above.
- Must be receiving a Pell Grant
- Accepted in a study abroad program eligible for credit at home university
- Study at least 4 weeks in one country
- Any country except Cuba or a country on State Department's travel warning list
- Study during fall, spring or academic year (summer programs not eligible)
Critical Language Supplement of additional $3,000 available for studying:
- Arabic (all dialects)
- Chinese (all dialects)
- Turkic (Azerbaijani, Kazakh, Kyrgz, Turkish, Turkmen, Uzbek)
- Persian (Farsi, Dari, Kurdish, Pashto, Tajiki)
- Indic (Hindi, Urdu, Nepali, Sinhala, Bengali, Punjabi, Marathi, Gujarati, Sindhi)
Deadlines (check Gilman website - link above - to be sure):
Fall Semester/Academic Year - early March
Spring Semester - early October
These Federally funded scholarships are for study abroad students who wish to further the U.S. goal to become more internationally focused while keeping an eye on national security interests.
Rotary International offers the following and more scholarships. Please visit http://www.rotary.org or contact the Rotary Club of San Antonio, 710 McCullough Avenue, San Antonio, Texas 78215-1615, Phone: 222-8242, ext. 100.
Rotary World Peace Scholarship
Rotary offers a scholarship for bilingual, graduate students who are related to or are members of Rotary International in order to pursue studies abroad in fields related to peace and international understanding.
The John T. Petters Foundation seeks deserving students who are interested in international business and looking to expand their knowledge of other countries and cultures.
This scholarship is open to undergraduate college students in good academic standing who meet the following criteria:
- The Applicant must be pursuing a study abroad program that has a focus on international business
- The Applicant should be undergoing the study abroad application process which would be eligible for credit by the student's home institution
- The Applicant must have financial need for scholarship funding
- The Applicant must be a United States citizen
Summer/ Fall Semester: February 10
Winter/ Spring Semester: September 15