Welcome to the Nest

Congratulations on your acceptance to UIW!

Welcome to the Cardinal family! We are excited for this next chapter of your academic journey. We are here to help you navigate your way through the UIW system by providing the next steps needed to get you started in your program.

Cardinal Checklist

Complete your application packet

All final and official transcripts, from all colleges and universities attended, must be sent by each institution via their Electronic Transcript Service or via mail.

Transcripts and supplemental documents may be submitted via email to admissiondocs@uiwtx.edu or mailed to:

University of the Incarnate Word
4301 Broadway, CPO 285
San Antonio, Texas 78209

Confirm your enrollment

Congratulations on your acceptance to UIW! Let us know if you intend to enroll by emailing the Office of Admissions at gradadmissions@uiwtx.edu.

Registration Process

To register for your graduate courses, contact your advisor to schedule an advising appointment. Your academic advisor will be listed on your acceptance letter and will guide you through the registration process.

In preparation for your advising meeting, review the following:

  • Schedule of Classes
    • There are three terms within each semester: two eight-week terms (mini terms) and one 16-week term (traditional term). Make sure you note the start and end date of your class selections.
  • Program Curriculum

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Students may apply for financial assistance by submitting the FAFSA. UIW school code: 003578

Submit your FAFSA

Financial Aid Resources

finaid@uiwtx.edu | (210) 829-6008

Strengthen your skills with an assistantship

A Graduate Assistant is a graduate student who is hired by the University of the Incarnate Word to assist faculty or administrators with their respective duties.

Graduate assistantships provide financial assistance and educational and professional developmental opportunities for graduate students. Graduate Assistants support the university in its teaching, research, administrative and service missions.

Assistantships are open to full-time and part-time graduate students who are enrolled in their programs as defined by enrollment policy, who are in good academic standing, and who satisfy continuous enrollment policies.

View open assistantships

At the Nest

Review the online Grad Guide to get acquainted with policies, student resources and more. Once you are active in the Cardinal Apps system, you will have access to an assortment of graduate resources via Canvas LMS.

Review the Grad Guide

What do I do if...

  • I would like to switch graduate programs?
    • Switching graduate programs requires submission of a new application to the new program of choice.
    • See the list of all graduate programs and application requirements on the graduate admissions webpage.
  • I cannot start the program and would like to push back my start date?
    • Contact the Office of Admissions to defer your decision to an alternate semester. Your decision can be deferred for up to one calendar year.
  • I am having issues with course registration?
    • If you are experiencing course registration issues, please contact your academic advisor.