Student Resources

Academic Protocol

Students who enter UIW as freshmen must complete at least one semester of full-time study in San Antonio and be enrolled at UIW the semester in order to be eligible to participate in an independent study abroad.

Transfer students must have completed at least one semester at UIW before being eligible to participate in an independent study abroad program. Students must be enrolled at UIW while participating in the study abroad semester.

Petitioning for an exemption from these policies is an option, if there are compelling academic and intellectual reasons. Students should contact the Study Abroad Coordinator to discuss petitioning. All exemptions are on a case by case basis. The International Affairs Office reserves the right to deny a student's exemption request.