Haley Ayres, M.Ed. is the Advising Specialist to the H-E-B School of Business and
Administration. First-time incoming business students are assigned Mrs. Ayres as their academic
advisor for two years. Transfer business students are assigned to her for one year.
After this time, business students will be assigned a faculty member to serve as their advisor.
Mrs. Ayres assists students with course selections and degree plan guidance. She also
helps with audit reviews and discusses student responsibilities and community service requirements.
She is a connection to other resources on campus, guiding students on their path to
Mrs. Ayres joined the H-E-B School of Business as the Advising Specialist in 2015.
She previously served as an athletic academic advisor in the Student Success Department at UIW. Mrs. Ayres received her Bachelor of Arts in English from Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas,
and her Masters of Education in Workforce Development Education from the University
of Arkansas at Fayetteville.
- The pathway to graduation: 4 year degree plan (sequence and value)
- The significance of community service and how to identify community service opportunities
- How to create and understand a degree evaluation
- Study abroad opportunities and the significance for business students
- The steps in professional/career development for a business student
- How to access and utilize resources on campus (tutoring, career services, campus life,
- The language of higher education (example: credit hours, prerequisites, etc.)
- Keys to success in college (importance of attendance, classroom etiquette, visiting
faculty during office hours, effective communication, etc.)
- The UIW mission and its impact on student success
- The appropriate courses for registration and how to register.
Mrs. Ayres is available by appointment only. Please see her contact information below
to set an appointment.
If you are not a first-time incoming student to UIW or a transfer student, please
see your faculty advisor for information regarding registration and degree plans
- How to find your advisor – LINK
- How to access registration information – LINK
- How to prepare for registration – LINK
- How to locate course prerequisites – LINK
- How to register for classes – LINK
- How to view your course schedule – LINK
- Advising Terms Explained – LINK
- Advising FAQs – LINK
- UIW Core Curriculum – LINK
Student Success Resources
- Registration, Financial Aid, and Student Records –LINK
- Bannerweb and Blackboard Assistance – LINK
- Degree Works Tutorial – LINK
- Career and Professional Development – LINK
- Testing Resources – LINK
- Tutoring Services – LINK
- Writing Center – LINK
Documents & Forms
- Capstone I Entry Form – LINK
- Athlete Advising Form – LINK
- Recommended 4-year plan for BBA core classes – LINK
- Academic Change Form – LINK
- Complete this form to change/add a major, concentration, minor, or advisor. Please
turn in the completed form to the University Advising Center to get processed.
- Student Schedule Planner – LINK
- This template is available to help students visualize their schedule for the semester.
- Online Course Enrollment: International Students – LINK
- International students must complete the Online Course Enrollment Request Form to
register for a main campus online course. Enrollment must be verified by your academic
advisor and then approved by the International Student & Scholar Services before you
are authorized to enroll.
Haley Ayres, M.Ed.
Phone: (210) 930-8014
Office: Gorman Business & Education Center, GB 206