Launch a new career in a professional field
The General Education concentration in the graduate program prepares students to advance their careers in professional and educational settings. Through essential core coursework, students lay the foundation for their advanced education studies to prepare as professionals in their fields.
Earn Your Master of Arts or Master of Education
Degree plans for a master's degree with a concentration in General Education:
Master of Arts (M.A.) Degree Plan
The Master of Arts in General Education degree requires completion of 36 semester hours of coursework, 24 of which must be in education. The degree is appropriate for students applying coursework not designated as an education course.
Core Courses (12 hours)
- EDUC 6301 Introduction to Education Research
- EDUC 6306 Philosophical Foundations Education
- EDUC 6304 Theories of Learning
- EDUC 63CS1 Capstone in Education
Area of Concentration within Education (6 hours)
Electives (18 hours)*
*Elective courses may be outside the Education major
Master of Education (M.Ed.) Degree Plan
This Master of Education in General Education degree is designed for students completing all coursework in education. The degree requires completion of 36 semester hours of coursework based upon the graduate core curriculum and the area of concentration.
Core Courses (12 semester hours)
- EDUC 6301 Introduction to Educational Research
- EDUC 6304 Theories of Learning or ADED 6381 Adult Learning & Development
- EDUC 6306 Philosophical Foundations in Education
- EDUC 63CS1 Capstone in Education, or another capstone course approved by the program advisor.
Areas of Concentration within Education (18 semester hours)
Electives (6 semester hours)
Find out more about requirements, standards and processes to begin your journey as a Dreeben School of Education student.