Requirements for a Master of Arts in Communication Arts: The Master of Communication Arts degree requires a minimum of 36 hours of graduate study, which includes 12 hours of Communication Arts core courses; 18+ hours of elective coursework and 3-6 hours of Mastery level coursework.
Core Requirements (12 Hours)
- COMM 6301 Communication Theory
- COMM 6307 Intro to Graduate Studies in Communication
- COMM 6308 Research and Writing Techniques
- COMM 6309 Comm Research Methods
- Core requirements should be taken in sequential order with the COMM 63CS1 or the COMM 63TR requirement taken at the completion of course work. This sequence ensures students will master the theoretical skills necessary for a progression of knowledge in the field.
Masters of Arts Degree in Communication Arts (Adobe PDF)