The UIW experience provides each graduate student the personal attention key to educational
success. The Mission of the University provides guiding principles for all our graduate
UIW’s graduate programs:
- Create a learning environment of respect for each student and promote individual self-realization,
cultural diversity and intellectual stimulation;
- Instill in each student a spirit of Christian service based upon ethical reflection,
social justice and promotion of human dignity;
- Develop concerned citizens and enlightened leaders who are prepared to meet future
challenges with creativity and responsibility.
Our goal is to instill, foster and encourage:
- Mastery of scholarly techniques;
- Intellectual curiosity expressed through research and independent study;
- Investigation, both in breadth and depth, of advanced subject matter;
- The ability to effectively communicate research results of intellectually creative
For the convenience of employed students, the majority of graduate courses are offered
in late afternoon or evening.
Research and Graduate Studies
Kevin B. Vichcales, Ph.D.
Associate Provost and Dean