Other Opportunities

Study at Another Institution

Students choosing to study abroad at a non-Sister School or UIW center/campus will not be registered at UIW for the duration of the semester in which they are abroad. In addition, these students will not be able to receive financial aid through the UIW Office of Financial Assistance. Students must complete and submit a Request to Study at Another Institution Form to the Office of the Registrar before they depart.

The Enrollment Policy for Studying at Another Institution is as follows:

After matriculating at the University as a degree-seeking student, a student must obtain prior written approval to transfer any additional credits from other institutions. The "Request to Study at Another Institution" form is available on the Office of the Registrar web page and must be approved before enrolling for credit elsewhere. Transfer work approved on this form will be accepted and applied toward the degree indicated if the grade earned is a "C" or higher. It will be the student's responsibility to furnish the Office of the Registrar with an official transcript reflecting completion of the course work. All institutional policies will be observed when considering all requests to Study at Another Institution. Approval will not be granted if an equivalent course is offered at UIW.

Upon returning from your sojourn, students must apply for re-admission to UIW. Students can visit the Office of the Registrar web page titled Re-Admission to UIW in order to download or submit the required paperwork via online.

Non-Affiliated and Third-Party Program Opportunities

For students looking for an internship or research opportunity abroad, non-affiliated programs are a great resource! While some UIW exchange and Faculty-Led Programs offer the opportunity to intern or conduct research abroad, the following may offer more in-depth international experiences or positions post-graduation.

UIW Study Abroad encourages students to work with our office to apply for these experiences, though it is not required. UIW Career Services is available as well to help students prepare for interviews and more. 

Internship Abroad

Research and Language Learning Abroad

Volunteer or Work