Earn Service hours and have some fun. Join your classmates, faculty, and staff to help in our community:
- We will be painting houses and doing neighborhood clean up around the Frank Garrett Community Center, 1226 Northwest 18th Street, San Antonio, 78207.
- You can volunteer for 1 day, 2 days, ... as many or as few as you like. There are a total of 7 days you can volunteer, including one day before Spring Break and another after Spring Break.
- The shuttle will leave the front of the McDermott Convocation Center at 8:30 AM daily, and return you to campus by 3:00 PM.
- If you do not wish to ride the shuttle to and from the work site, you can meet us at the Frank Garrett Center at 9:00 AM daily during the days of Spring Break.
- The volunteers on Friday, March 10th and Monday, March 20th will be meeting at Bonilla Science Hall and working on campus.
- 6 hours of service for each day you volunteer.
- Dress messy for painting!
- Breakfast and lunch provided.
- See pictures and video from past years!
Students who want to be a part of Alternative Spring Break 2017: Go to the SignUpGenius (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f084faaaa2fa5fa7-alternative3) page to volunteer.
Student questions about Alternative Spring Break can contact Dr. Doshie Piper (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Faculty interested in helping with Alternative Spring Break 2017 can visit the faculty information page or contact Mr. Adam Mulder (email@example.com).
Faculty coordinators and their roles:
Student Sign ups: Dr. Doshie Piper
Food: Dr. Joleen Beltrami
Tools and Work: Dr. Scott Smith
Faculty Sign ups: Mr. Adam Mulder
Transportation: Dr. Okan Caglayan
Coordinator Emeritus: Dr. Craig McCarron
Advertising: Dr. Sreedevi Ande