Between The Alamo Colleges and The University of the Incarnate Word
With this agreement, entered into between The Alamo Colleges (AC) and The University of the Incarnate Word, you are guaranteed admission to The University of the Incarnate Word if you satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- The Joint Admission Agreement may be submitted at any time from the date of first enrollment at an AC campus to completion of 24 hours of college level academic work (including prior college hours).
- All previous college transcripts must be on file with the AC Campus Office of Admissions and Records.
- *As specified in the JAA academic plan, at least twenty-four (24) transferable semester hours, including a minimum of three (3) hours of English composition with a grade of C, must be completed.
- *Transferable courses must be those specified on the JAA plan, unless otherwise approved by UIW officials, in consultation with AC campus officials as needed. There is no limit on the maximum number of academic credits that you are able to transfer to UIW, however there will be a limit on the number of academic credits that will be applied to the student's degree plan. UIW will abide by all institutional policies pertaining to the conferral of the degree thus may limit the hours accepted in transfer in compliance with those policies. By following the JAA academic plan, you ensure that you will be maximizing the amount of credits that will be approved and transferred into the student degree plan at UIW.
- Participants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 for unconditional acceptance and be in good academic standing at AC campus. Those students with a grade point average below a 2.5 will be subject to individual review by the UIW Admissions Office.
- Participants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 and be in good academic standing at AC campus.
- International students, in addition, must submit:
- TOEFL score minimum of 550 (213 computer-based)
- Copy of current FI Visa
- Confidential Financial Statement
- Copy of 1-20
- Student Coordinator's report
- Participants must apply and be admitted to UIW. Applications can be submitted through GoUIW account or ApplyTexas.
- Any questions or concerns please contact your AC Transfer Center or the University of the Incarnate Word Admissions Office at 210-829-6005.
*Transfer Articulation Guides
Proceed to the online form below.