Welcome to TRiO Student Support Services!
The TRiO SSS program is offered at no cost to students and provides additional support while at UIW, in an effort to help you graduate. Only 200 students are allowed
into this federally funded program! If accepted, you will receive specialized services
designed for our participants.
The many benefits of participating include:
- Tutoring: tutors are available by appointment or walk-in;
- Peer Mentor Program: peer mentoring for first year students;
- Fall Summer Bridge: participants attending our annual “Bridge” will develop team building and leadership
skills, while preparing for a successful entrance into UIW, participants will meet
their mentors and other first-year TRiO students;
- Advising & Counseling:students will meet with TRiO advisers to enhance their academic experience from first
year through graduation;
- Academic Workshops: workshops will be provided for participants to include personal growth, financial
literacy, career guidance, academic skills, and scholarship search;
- Access to Computer/Study Lab: students have exclusive access to The Lab, a computer/study lab for TRiO.
Qualified applicants will have one (or more) of the following:
- Qualifying financial status (see application)
- First-generation status (neither parent has graduated from a 4-year institution)
- A learning or physical disability (students have registered with UIW Student Disability