QEP Topic ideas proposed in this theme include initiatives in: IN-CLASS ENGAGEMENT ACADEMIC SKILLS USE OF TECHNOLOGY
Examples from some actual submissions are included below.IN-CLASS ENGAGEMENT
- Critical Inquiry – - to foster a learning environment that invites curiosity, critical
thinking, and the process of learning. I see this topic as motivating students to
learn new concepts rather than fulfilling requirements. I would emphasize project-driven,
interdisciplinary curricula and increase the number and scope of learning communities
into upper level courses.
- Teachers need to be more engaging. By using visual effects that apply to the curriculum
students can better understand the topics being discussed. Also trips would help to
apply real world experiences to the topic.
- My QEP idea to improve learning would be having field trips for classes to gain hands
USE OF TECHNOLOGY
- Professional Communication Focus…..on helping students communicate, both orally and
in writing in a professional setting.
- Stronger writing and speaking skills and a better sense of how the UIW experience
connects to the world after college.
- Critical thinking… Developing critical thinking skills will allow students to analyze
information in a logical way. It is a skill that when developed will be used for learning
- Learning to read, learning to love reading
- I feel we should develop our QEP around writing. We have existing data that this is
an issue and it is something that would impact all programs at the university.
- “In Touch With Technology” – Successful students have learned and adopted the use
of these technological aids as active participants in the learning process, then brought
them into and applied them in the working world. They have also, as students are wont
and encouraged to do, experiment with technology on their own, both in and out of
- UIW Tablet Program, This would be a program the will give every single student an
Ipad or a Nexis Tablet. They will also have the option to buy books in their electronic
form. It will also allow for the school to build a single app that works on these
devices that are integrated with blackboard and bannerweb systems.