Depending upon your GPA and standardized
test scores, students may be eligible for UIW Merit Based
Scholarships and other financial aid. For more
information, call the UIW Office of Financial Assistance
at 210-829-6008 or visit their web page at www.uiw.edu/finaid.
The University of the Incarnate Word awards Theatre Arts scholarships ranging from $500 - $4,000. The Department of Theatre Arts awards these scholarships on the basis of the student's audition and/or portfolio. Of course, prospective students must apply and be accepted into the university to claim any scholarship award. Graduating high school students with a minimum 2.5 GPA or college students with a minimum 2.5 GPA may compete for a scholarship.
How to Compete for a Theatre Arts Scholarship
- UIW Theatre faculty typically attend the annual festivals of Texas State Thespians and Texas Educational Theatre Association to recruit students. Students who wish to compete for scholarships may also make an individual appointment to audition in the Cheever Downstage II Theatre on the UIW campus.
- Each applicant must submit a resume, photo (non-returnable), and two letters of recommendation at the audition.
- Student performers should present two contrasting monologues (comic/serious, classical/contemporary). The maximum time allowed for the presentation of these two monologues is four minutes.
- Students interested in Theatre Design/Technology should present a portfolio of their artwork, previous designs, representations of Theatre Technology products, and any other Design Technology related work.
- If distance is a problem, student
performers may submit an unedited videoed
audition of your two monologues. DVD format
is preferred. Similarly, students interested
in Design/Technology may send us their portfolio by
mail, using UPS and providing appropriate insurance
and a tracking number to assure safe and timely delivery.
TO SCHEDULE AN AUDITION OR PORTFOLIO REVIEW
Contact Dr. Robert ball,
Chair of Theatre Arts, at 210-829-3804 or firstname.lastname@example.org