An alphabetical list of key systems and software employed by UIW and how these tools are used.
- The UIW Wellness Center uses ActiveNet to manage memberships. This system is connected to the UIW ID Card system, so bring your ID with you when you want to use the Center.
- Argos is the enterprise reporting tool used by UIW to run reports from Banner. It can be used for simple, ad-hoc queries to more advanced dashboards and data cubes. The goal of using Argos is to empower users in functional offices to be able to write their own ad-hoc reports instead of having to have their request queue up with IT. Free training is available online.
- Banner is the enterprise resource planning (ERP) software used at UIW. It was implemented in 1995 and provides a shared, relational database with five major modules: Student (e.g., Registrar, Admissions), HR/Payroll, Finance, Financial Aid, and Advancement.
- Students use Banner Self-Service, or Bannerweb, to register for classes, view final grades, change personal contact information, etc.
- Faculty and Advisors use Bannerweb to enter grades, view class rosters and advisee lists, review transcripts, etc.
- All UIW employees use Bannerweb to access paystub, benefits, and tax information online.
- Some employees use Banner INB to manage business operations. Special access is required. Check with your supervisor if you have questions about your access and then complete the Banner Access Request Form.
- Blackboard is UIW’s Learning Management System, or LMS. It provides faculty with the ability to post course syllabi, create course assisgnments, discussion boards, online quizzes, etc., which students can access and/or interact with.
- Blackboard tutorials (video and PDFs) are available on our Training & Tutorials page.
- Blackboard Collaborate, formerly known as Wimba, is an online, interactive learning tool that facilitates virtual learning, blended learning and online conferencing. It allows users to deliver content, share desktops, communicate with voice and/or video, etc. It can be used asynchronously (i.e., a lecture could be captured and viewed later), or synchronously (i.e., students in many locations access one web link to have a virtual class session). Materials captured in Collaborate can be posted directly to your Blackboard course site.
- Blackboard Transact is the Point of Sale system used by UIW’s bookstore (Follet) and food service (Sodexo) vendors
- BOSSCars is UIW’s parking management system. It integrates with our Banner system. Students, faculty, staff, and administrators need to get parking stickers.
- DSX is UIW’s ID Card system
- Estudias is UIW’s data warehouse.
- UIW maintains and iTunesU account where community members can post vodcasts and podcasts of lectures and other events unique to the institution.
- myWord is UIW’s portal. It provides single sign-on access to most of the academic tech tools you will use at UIW (e.g., CardinalMail, Blackboard, Bannerweb, etc.) as well as social sites such as Facebook. The portal also provides easy access to student account and course information.
- OrgSync is used by UIW Student Life to manage student organizations on campus. See their tutorial for accessing and using OrgSync.
- Rave Alert is UIW’s emergency notification system. Users can opt in to this system, which gives them the ability to receive messages to their cell phones via text message and/or voicemail. Sign up for this free service today!
- StarRez is software used by UIW Residence Life to manage student housing. Students may log in to the Housing Portal to provide and get information regarding on-campus housing.
- Students have access to UIW’s private cloud, called Stoneware, which provides them with access to the latest Microsoft Office suite of programs and network storage anywhere, anytime.
- Tableau is used by UIW Institutional Research to provide the UIW community with an interactive business intelligence tool for historical information through a server called DASH.