The ITS Service Level Agreement (SLA) exists to communicate clear expectations with regard to the support we can provide within our current resource structure.
We encourage you to reach out to us any time for phone or email support from our 24×7 Helpdesk:
On-campus @ extension 2721 | Locally @ 210-829-2721 | Toll-free @ 1-866-614-5043 | email@example.com
We also maintain a service desk on the main campus (garden level, north side of the Administration Building). When school is in session, it is open Mon-Thu 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Fridays 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday service desk hours are also available in the Media Center from 8:00 a.m. to noon.
ITS Technology Support Services will use the following guidelines in prioritizing requests and will strive to begin working on the incident or request within the target time frame. Actual response times may be shorter or longer depending on the ticket volume at any given time.
|Priority||Criteria||Target Response Time|
|1||Affects more than five individuals or is mission critical and no workaround is available.Examples: E-mail services not functional; network printing not available; classroom technology inoperable during class session.||Will call onsite technicians for immediate response.|
|2||Affects one to five individuals; no workaround availableExample: Personal document located on user’s hard drive must be printed, but user’s monitor is not functional.||Initial response within 8 working hours.|
|3||Affects fewer than five people, workarounds available.Example: Can’t check e-mail from one computer, but could use WebMail from another computer.||Initial response within three working days.|
|4||No effect on productivity, or unsupported software.Examples: Monitor showing b/w instead of color. CD player has no sound.||Best effort as time allows.|
- Troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues on University-owned and sponsored (i.e., student laptop program) computers
- Assisting you in setting up and maintaining connectivity to the UIW wireless network
- Installing and supporting university-owned printers and peripherals
- Resolving issues with Microsoft Windows operating systems, the Microsoft Office Suite of programs, and email services using Microsoft Exchange (Outlook and Outlook Web Access, i.e., CardinalMail)
- Installing and supporting mainstream anti-virus and anti-spyware software, such as Norton, McAfee, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Spy Sweeper
Service we do NOT provide:
- Provide support for printers other than HP LaserJets, DeskJets, and All-in-Ones. However, if your printer is not made by HP, we will serve as a liaison in helping get you connected with the technical support services of your printer’s manufacturer.
- Working on computer systems owned by faculty, staff, or administrators, either on premises or making “house calls.”
- Provide computer assistance if doing so will void an active warranty on your computer (One reason to consider taking advantage of our laptop program, which includes service and support from our team.