Please submit all requests for service, change in lines, or replacement/additional equipment via the Phone Equipment/Line Request Form.
- How to use your University Telephone:
- To get an outside line, Dial “9″
- To reach the Switchboard, dial “6000″
- To call or fax on campus, the last four digits of any number can directly reach any extension
- To transfer a call, press “Trnsfr”, dial destination, announce call if desired, press “Trnsfr” again. Hang up.
- To temporarily redirect calls (call forwarding), press “Feature”, dial “*2″. Dial extension where calls are to be sent. Listen for confirmation. Hang up.
- To cancel fall forwarding, press “Feature”. Dial cancel code “*2″.
- Full Avaya Manual
- Quick Avaya Guide
- Long Distance Codes
AT&T is the long distance carrier the University has chosen for ALL telephone lines, fax and modem numbers. No other long distance carriers are authorized. For a long distance code or travel calling card, submit a “Long Distance Form” (located here). Veronica Castillo, Secretary to the Comptroller, will reply to your request.
- For information on accessing your campus voice mail, please view the following Voice Mail User’s Guide
- Conference Calls from your Avaya desk phone can accommodate up to 6 parties. For instructions on how to setup a conference call from your desk phone, please view the instructions here.
- If you require a conference phone for your next meeting, please use the Conference Phone Setup Request Form.
- UIW Local Area and Wide Area Networks – All UIW buildings are connected via fiber optics (some 1Gb and some 10Gb). Within buildings, all classrooms, offices, and conference are equipped with ample network drops. UIW’s campuses are connected via a 300 Mbps MPLS cloud and redundant Internet connectivity is available through Internet2 and THE Network links.
- SafeConnect Network Access Control
- Wireless Networks
- Resident Network – Apogee