Please note: if you have questions about any of the information on this page, please contact our 24×7 helpdesk at 210-829-2721, toll-free at 1-866-614-5043, or via email at email@example.com
Don’t see what you need? Try our Employee Frequently Asked Questions page.
Key Tech Tools for Employees:
- Email (webmail.uiwtx.edu) – Your UIW email account, called CardinalMail, is available off campus through Microsoft Outlook Web Access.
- Portal (my.uiwtx.edu) – Your employee portal, called myWord, provides single sign-on access to many tech tools (e.g., CardinalMail, Blackboard, Bannerweb, etc.).
- Learning Management System (blackboard.uiwtx.edu) – UIW’s LMS, called Blackboard, provides faculty with a system for posting course syllabi, assignments, discussion boards, online quizzes, video lecture capture, etc. Other employees may use Blackboard to log in to various “Blackboard Organizations” in which they participate
- Banner (bannerweb.uiwtx.edu) - UIW’s ERP (enterprise resource planning) system, called Bannerweb or Employee Services, allows you to view paystub, benefits, and tax information online, etc.
- Cloud Resources (cardinal.uiwtx.edu) – UIW’s private cloud resource, called Stoneware, provides user with access to the latest Microsoft Office suite of programs and network storage anywhere, anytime.
- Emergency Notification System (getrave.com/login/uiw) – Employees can opt in to UIW’s emergency notification system, called Rave Alert, which gives users the ability to receive messages to their cell phones via text message and/or voicemail. Sign up for this free service today!
- Wireless network - Employees have access to wireless internet connectivity across campus. In classrooms, the library, and indoor/outdoor gathering spaces, most users will want to select the uiw-connect network connection. Guests should connect to the guest network to get access to the Internet only. Employee login credentials for wireless are the same as they are for CardinalMail.
- Phone – Click here to for more details about your office phone. How to access you voice mailbox, create greetings, forward calls, etc…
Other Tech Info for Employees:
- Asset Disposal Forms
- Microsoft Software for Employees
- Computer Labs on Campus
- Classroom Technology
- Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam Protection
- Security Awareness
- Printing and Copying on Campus
- Mobile Device Support
- iTunesU at UIW
- Telephone Support
- Request Forms
- Training & Tutorials