UIW IRD provides service and support to the Incarnate Word Community, including more than 9,000 students in traditional, online, and adult degree completion programs. We also support the technology needs of two Catholic high schools and professional schools of Pharmacy, Optometry, and Physical Therapy.
- Information Resources Organizational Chart (Adobe Acrobat PDF)
The Digital Infrastructure & User Services department manages the Infrastructure Support,Technical Support Services, and NW Campus Technology Support teams.
- Ben Rosebrock– Sr. Director, Digital Infrastructure & User Services
Infrastructure Support manages the wired and wireless network infrastructure, the network operations center, telecommunications, Email systems (Outlook for employees; Live@Edu for students); Blackboard LMS, and mobile applications.
- Carl Haywood – Director, Infrastructure Support
- George Cantu – Unix System Manager
- David Ramirez – Network Administrator III
- Melvin Arnell – Network Administrator I
- Steve Summers – Telephone Systems Administrator
Technical Support Services provides helpdesk and desktop support services for all students, faculty, staff, and administrators. They also manage UIW’s laptop program and coordinate the purchase and rollout of all desktop and laptop systems in employee offices spaces, classrooms, and lab environments.
- Anthony Ramos – Director, Technical Support Services
- Edgar Menchaca – PC Technician
- Earl Elder – PC Technician
- Brian Palmeri – PC Technician, Feik School of Pharmacy
- Jack Rogers – IT Procurement Coordinator
Northwest Campus Technology Support provides technology services and support for the students, faculty, staff, and administrators at the Northwest Campus (Datapoint), including the Rosenberg School of Optometry, the ADCaP adult degree completion classrooms and labs, and the Physical Therapy program.
- Roberto Jimenez – Systems Analyst, NW Campus
- Daniel Smith – Technical Support Specialist, NW Campus
- John Warenda – Technical Support Specialist, Saidoff Center
Enterprise Applications provides end-user support for the Ellucian Banner enterprise system and all third-party integrated systems (i.e. Blackboard Transact, CashNet Storefronts, ActiveNet, StarRez, Magnus, Maxient, OrgSync, Cardinal Cars, BDM document imaging). In addition, this department supports the myWord Portal, assists with project management and Evisions Argos reporting.
- Iris Solcher – Director, Enterprise Applications
- Ciro Juarez – Assistant Director, Enterprise Applications
- Angela Williams – Sr. Programmer Analyst
- Armando Villarreal – Sr. Programmer Analyst/Ancillary Systems
- Thomas Dziuk – Sr. Programmer Analyst/ Reporting and Data Integration
- Terry Schilousky – Sr. Programmer/DBA
- Alejandro Ruiz – Programmer/DBA
- Jessica R. Gomez – Application Support Analyst
- Joanna C. Arredondo – Application Support Analyst
- Vanessa Garza – Application Support Analyst
Instructional Technology provides training for faculty as well as support for multi-media and convergent media projects (e.g., digital media projects and editing). This group also provides setup, support, and installation services for audiovisual and sound across campus.
- Ana Gonzalez – Director, Instructional Technology
- Rodney Evans – Audiovisual Coordinator
- Terry Peak – Technology Training Coordinator
- Jessica Martinez - Title V – Instructional Designer
- Adela Gott – Multimedia Specialist
- Kenneth Rogers – Blackboard Administrator
- John Miller – Convergent Media Manager
- Gino Segovia – Convergent Media Specialist
- Tony Moore – AV Technician
- Carlos Camargo – AV Technician
Institutional Research manages the fulfillment of external and internal reporting requirements, including IPEDS surveys, state reporting, the UIW common data set, the UIW profile book, program review, and develops tools for use in business analytics.
- Robin Logan – Director, Institutional Research
- Roland Carrillo – Assistant Director, Institutional Research
- Erika Pompa – IR Programmer/Analyst
- Drusilla Duos – Data Warehouse & Report Specialist
- Matthew Caudill - Enrollment Management Analyst
Mabee Library Services support the university’s academic programs with materials, instruction and technology that advance the intellectual development and scholarship activities of its students and faculty.
- Cheryl A. Anderson, Ph.D. – Dean, Library Services
- Dell Davis – Director of Public Services
- Mary Jinks – Director of Technical Services
- Scott Burright – Library Systems Administrator
- Dawn Field - Evening and Weekend Librarian
- Leticia Martinez – Reference Librarian
- Polly McCord - Graduate Research Librarian
- Anthony Micchelli – Physical Therapy Librarian
- Farhad Moshiri – Audiovisual Librarian
- Melissa Rucker – Catalog Librarian
- Christina Seeger – Pharmacy Librarian
- Leslie Todd – Information Literacy Coordinator
- Michael Peters- Serials & Electronic Resources Coordinator
- Melissa Chavez – Administrative Assistant
- Edward Charles – Circulation Daytime Supervisor
- Kathy Mulligan – Circulation Evening Supervisor
- Taylor Fox – Interlibrary Loan Library Assistant
- Christina Link – Copy Cataloger
- Idalia Rodriguez – Copy Cataloger
- Vacant - Library Assistant Technical Services
- Melissa Torres – Library Assistant Technical and Public Services
- Paul Andersen – Library Assistant
- Brenda Gonzalez – Part-time Library Assistant
- Fabian Rodriguez – Part-time Library Assistant
Web Development oversees the university’s public-facing web presence and social media efforts. The office aids UIW departments in building and maintaining web sites, assists in coordination social media interactions with UIW constituencies, both on and off campus, and coordinates web-based video and multimedia projects.