University of the Incarnate Word vs. UIW
- Whenever possible use the complete university name and identify the acronym UIW within parenthesis on first reference, University of the Incarnate Word (UIW).
- The acronym may be used alone in the remaining text.
- Do not use periods or spaces between the letters.
- Lowercase the in front of the full name in running copy. Avoid using the in front of the name in lists.
- Always lowercase of the in the long version, University of the Incarnate Word
- Incarnate Word may be used, but not in a first reference because of the possible confusion with Incarnate Word High School.
- University of Incarnate Word is incorrect. University of the Incarnate Word is correct.
University vs. university
Capitalize university only when included in the full proper name of the institution. All other uses should be lowercase.
A new degree program was introduced at the university.
A new degree program was introduced at the University of the Incarnate Word.
The official tagline for the university is: “The Universe is Yours.”Whenever
possible, the tagline should appear on externally distributed materials
to further enhance the consistent branding image of the university.The
tagline is a key marketing element in the overall branding of the university.
It represents UIW’s curriculum, which offers students an integrated
program of liberal arts and professional studies that includes a global
perspective and an emphasis on social justice and community service. The
tagline helps to punctuate the university’s Mission to educate men
and women who will become concerned and enlightened citizens.