Student Organization Logo Usage and Departmental Logos
Student Organization Logo Usage
- Student organizations may create a separate logo that reflects the club/organization’s mission.
- They must follow normal Campus Life approval procedures.
- The university logo must be used in a prominent location on the item (example: university logo on sleeve of t-shirt.)
- All logo guidelines remain intact. Logo usage must still be approved in the normal fashion.
Departmental logos can be used by any official division, school, department or program of the University of the Incarnate Word. They may not be used for student organizations.
- They may be used in any of the approved color formats on the branding site (uiw.edu/branding)
- The font used in the departmental logo is Times New Roman in all caps. The only exception is lower case italics for “of” and related text.
- The UIW logos must be given a spacing of no less than .25” from other unrelated text or graphics so as not to dilute the image of the logo. There is to be no overlapping of the logo with another objects nor any tangential connection to such either.
- The logos are not to be placed over any backgrounds (colors, patterns or textures) that may make it difficult to discern the logo from said background.
Unacceptable Examples of Departmental Logos