While abroad you should:
- Adhere to the laws of the host country
- Observe the rules of the host institution
- Adhere to the policies as stated in the UIW Student Handbook
- Participate, get involved
- Assess risks involved in extracurricular activities
Don’t forget to:
- Check your Cardinal mail – Your adviser and UIW offices will contact you using your Cardinal mail, so please check it regularly.
- Keep in touch with your family and the Study Abroad Office.
- Check Bannerweb and manage your student account.
- Register for the following semester – Check the schedule of classes for the semester you will return. You should e-mail your adviser in advance with the classes you are interested in to gain approval. If your adviser approves of these classes he/she will send you your pin # so that you can register online. Please be aware that for some programs you may not be able to register online, please discuss this with your adviser in advance.
- Complete your FAFSA form for the following academic year (if studying abroad in the spring).
- Request a transcript be sent to UIW, before you return.
Useful University Links