Returning to UIW
Prior to returning to the U.S., you should request a transcript be sent from your host university to UIW. Transcripts should be sent to the following address:
Study Abroad Office
University of the Incarnate Word
847 E. Hildebrand
San Antonio, TX 78212
*Please note that your grades will affect your GPA.
One of the assessments utilized in study abroad programs are your grades earned at the completion of the semester(s) abroad. Your grades, in addition to the exit survey, will help determine whether your academic goals and objectives were achieved.
- Upon returning, all participants are required to complete and submit one of the following surveys pertaining to their program:
Returning participants may also consider the following activities in order to assist with repatriation issues:
- attending a re-entry session with the Study Abroad Coordinator;
- staying involved by,
- volunteering to participate in upcoming events such as the Study Abroad Fair, information sessions, and classroom visits;
- sharing your story - Write a brief description of your international experience, including why you wanted to study abroad, where you went, what you learned, and how studying abroad contributed to your academic career, submit to the Study Abroad Office to be included on the website;
- submitting photos of your time abroad to the Study Abroad Office for use in future promotional efforts.