Study Abroad

Forms for Faculty-Led Study Abroad

Students in South Korea

  • Faculty-led Study Abroad Programs, as defined by the University of the Incarnate Word (UIW), are short-term (within a semester) academic based programs, which involve student's receiving academic credit for a course. The course includes a study abroad component or the professor may assign an alternate assignment equal to the value of the study abroad component, for those students who do not travel with the class. Courses which include a faculty-led study abroad component must be approved by the faculty's dean prior to offering the course.
  • Faculty-led study abroad programs may encompass different details, locations, and academic objectives; however, all faculty are required to visit with their dean and obtain approval prior to creating and offering the course. In addition, a personal visit with an Int'l Affair's representative and/or the Study Abroad Office helps ensure that the faculty obtain the updated requirements and/or information before promoting the program to students and the UIW community. An Int'l Affair's representative and/or the Study Abroad Office will provide further details regarding the additional steps required. These two important preliminary steps will help ensure the successful implementation of a faculty-led study abroad program.

Please contact the Study Abroad Office (210) 805-5709 for additional information and planning advice.

Documents to be submitted to the Study Abroad Office before departure:

  1. Faculty International Travel Approval Form
  2. Student Roster for Faculty-led Study Abroad
  3. Student Waiver and Release Agreement
  4. Faculty Waiver and Release Agreement
  5. Study Abroad Financial Responsibility
  6. Student Assurances Form
  7. Consent to Release Information About Traveler - Emergency Contact Form
  8. Study Abroad Agreement for Faculty-led Programs
  9. Statement of Activities while Studying Abroad
  10. Photo copies of participant's passports (inlcuding faculty)
  11. Copy of flight itinerary

Supporting documents:

  1. Student Form for Independent Travel (if applicable)
  2. Student Group - Int'l Health Insurance Form - for Comptroller's Office & Study Abroad Office



More Quick Links