As of June 1, 2016 the following Study Abroad Incentive Award policy and process has
been implemented. Please click on this live web link to download the policy and application to retrieve the approved policy and supporting documents.
Five Step Process:
- Full time faculty implementing a faculty-led study abroad program are encouraged to
download and complete the Study Abroad Faculty Incentive Award Application (live link to the policy and application).
- Faculty shall submit the completed application and required supporting documents to
the Study Abroad Office at least 1 month prior to departure.
- The Committee members will review and award funds to faculty-led study abroad programs
that meet the requirements set forth in the policy and application. The Study Abroad
Incentive Award Committee is comprised of two administrators in the International
Affairs Department, one administrator in the Comptroller’s Office, and one UIW faculty
member (from any school or department).
- Faculty will be notified of the decision via email. Please note that the committee
is under no obligation to award any funds and this incentive program is not guaranteed
each fiscal year.
- If awarded, the committee shall authorize the Comptroller's office to transfer awarded
funds to the designated current study abroad program account. Funds may not be transferred to restricted or personal accounts.
NOTE: Please direct any questions regarding the status of awarded funds to Amy DeAtley,
Comptroller’s Office, ADMIN Room 175. Amy DeAtley may be reached at 210-829-6339 or
email at email@example.com.
Study Abroad Incentive Policy:
- No minimum number of students required
- No minimum time duration for the program
- At the committee's discretion, a prorated amount may be awarded dependent on the number
of participants and days of the program.
- Must submit application form, with copy of course outline, budget and itinerary (see attachment).
- Selected programs will be awarded a maximum amount of $1,000 per program.
- Awards must be applied to current program. Awards must be identified to the specific
expense(s) during the program. Remaining funds, which are not utilized for the pre-identified
and budgeted expenses, shall be returned after reconciliation. Funds cannot be via a payroll check or transferred to restricted account for future use.
- After all expenses have been paid, any unused funds (paid by the participants) from
the program shall be refunded to the participating students.
Disbursement of Award
- Faculty will be notified of the committee's decision via email.
- If awarded, the committee will authorize the transfer funds to the study abroad program
- Faculty may contact Amy DeAtley, Comptroller’s Office, ADMIN Room 175. regarding questions
specific to the disbursement of funds. Amy DeAtley may be reached at 210-829-6339
or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligible Expenses and Use of the Funds
- Awarded funds are required to be utilized for pre-determined purposes. Faculty are
encouraged to not only detail the expenses, but also provide the benefits of the expense.