1. Observing the development of students during their college matriculation.
2. Recognition by the institution, organization, and students for a job well done.
3. Serving as a mentor for students.
4. Observing the subtle changes in fads, cultures, and attitudes that occur
in student life.
5. The opportunity to teach, lead, and coach students involved in student organizations.
6. The opportunity to form networks with colleagues involved as advisors of similar organizations.
7. Enrichment of the service component of a faculty member's annual dossier.
8. Participation in an organization whose purpose you enjoy.