Finding Your Advisor
In this module, you will learn:
Go to the next page, to get started.
To successfully log in to your Student MyWord Portal, click on the video icon or follow the steps below.
1. Go to http://www.uiw.edu/
2. On the top right corner, click on MyWord.
Note: The MyWord portal is also available by going to https://my.uiwtx.edu/.
3. Type your University username and password.
Note: For assistance with login problems or other related issues, contact the University's Helpdesk at 210-829-2721, 1-866-614-5043 (Toll Free), and/or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Click Login.
To locate your Primary Advisor, click on the video icon or follow the steps below.
1. After you have logged into your MyWord Portal, you will see the image listed below.
2. On the menu listed on the left, click on Student Information.
3. Student Information will expand.
4. Click on View General/Advisor Record.
5. You will be automatically placed in the Student Services Tab.
6. Then, select your Term.
7. Your Primary Advisor will appear on that screen.
To get into contact with your Advisor or Faculty Advisor, click on the video icon or follow the steps below.
1. After you have found out who your Primary Advisor is, go to http://www.uiw.edu/directory/
2. Click on UIW Directory 2011-2012
3. Type in the name of your Primary Advisor.
4. Click Enter on your keyboard or click on the magnifying symbol. This is listed in the image above.
5. Then you will find your Primary Advisor's contact information.
Note: If you have any questions, please contact the University Advising Center, AD 105, 210-805-5814.