How to Check your Financial Aid Status through MyWord
In this module, you will learn:
- How to log in to your student portal called MyWord.
- How to check your Financial Aid Status through MyWord.
Go to the next page, to get started.
Student MyWord Portal
To successfully log in to your Student MyWord Portal, follow the steps below.
1. Go to http://www.uiw.edu/
2. On the top right corner, click on MyWord.
3. Type your University username and password.
Note: For assistance with login problems or other related issues, contact the University's Helpdesk at 210-829-2721, 1-866-614-5043 (Toll Free), and/or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Click Login.
Now proceed to the next page.
Financial Aid Status
To access your financial aid status, follow the steps below.
1. After you have logged into your MyWord Portal, you will see the image listed below.
2. Under Launch Pad, click on Banner Web.
Note: Wait for page to finish loading.
3. Then click on the Financial Aid Tab.
4. In the Financial Aid Menu, the following is available.
- Financial Aid Status: Clicking on financial aid status, will direct you to select your Aid Year. This will contain a summary of your financial assistance, academic progress, cost of attendance, financial aid awards, and messages for that selected year.
- Eligibility: Clicking eligibility, will take you straight to your personalized information based on the topic that you select. You will be able to review your Financial Aid Holds (which may prevent payment of awards), document requirements, and your academic progress history.
- Award: Clicking on award, you will be able to view a summary of your account by term, view awards, accept award offers, display award payment schedules, view loan applications, and review withdrawal information.
- Email UIW Financial Aid Office: Allows you to directly email the UIW financial aid office.
- Access Government Services: Will direct you to the web page https://studentaid.ed.gov.
Note: If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office (Chapel Building) at 210-829-6008.