How to Locate the Course Catalogue
In this module, you will learn:
- How to Locate the Course Catalogue.
Go to the next page, to get started.
To successfully locate the Course Catalogue, follow the steps below.
1. Go to http://www.uiw.edu/
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on More Quick Links.
3. Under the column Technology, click on Banner Web.
4. Click on Downloadable Class Schedule.
5. Then, select the "Term", "Subject", and "Class Status" that you desire. When you are done, click on Generate PDF.
6. Then your selection will appear in a PDF pop up.
- CRN: This is the course registration number. This is the number you will use to register for the course on BannerWeb.
- Textbooks: By clicking this link, you will be able to view the required textbooks for the course. Note: If no course material is required for this course, double check by going to BannerWeb.
- SUBJ: This is the subject abbreviation. Subjects are listed in alphabetical order.
- CRSE: This is the course number. All course numbers consist of 4 numbers that range from 0*** level to 9*** level. The 1st number is its level and the 2nd number is how many credit hours it is. The last 2 differentiate same level courses from each other.
- SEC: This is the course section. When there are multiple of the same courses available, the section differentiates the courses from each other. Sometimes the section is not a number but either an L, H, HY, GER, G, ATH or instrument abbreviation. L stands for lab. H stands for honors class. HY stands for hybrid class (half-online, half in-classes). GER stands for the classes offered in Germany. G stands for classes offered in Germany. ATH stands for athletes only.
- CRSE TITLE: This is the title of the course.
- INSTRUCTOR: The name of the instructor. Last name, First name.
- HR: The number of credit hours.
- BLDG: The building abbreviation. Please to refer to Campus Map.
- ROOM: The room number of the class.
- BEGIN: The time the class begins. For classes after noon, times will be displayed in 24 hour format. To change to 12 hour format simple subtract 12 from the time. Ex. 18:00 – 12 = 6pm.
- END: The time the class ends.
- DAYS: The days in which the class meets. M=Monday, T=Tuesday, W=Wednesday, R=Thursday, F=Friday, S=Saturday.
- ENRL/AVAIL: How many students are currently enrolled / How many seats are available for enrollment.
- START DATE: The day the class starts.
- END DATE: The day the class ends.
- CAMPUS: The campus in which the class in being held.M=Main, HEI= Heidelberg, Germany, IST=Inter-institutional St. Mary's, SAI=Saidoff Center, IOB=Inter-institutional Oblate, IOL=Inter-institutional Our Lady of the Lake.
- PRTM: Part of term in which the class takes place.1 = 16 week course, G1/G2 = 8 week course, G1 = 1st 8 weeks, G2 = 2nd 8 weeks.