The University of the Incarnate Word is grounded in its heritage on the tradition of serving the sick and the poor. The Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitative Sciences is designed to be the pathway for students seeking to go into physical therapy, occupational therapy, orthotics/prosthetics, chiropractic, and physician assistant studies. Furthermore, the curriculum structure and content give the graduate a strong foundation to embark on other careers in advanced health care settings or to enter the workforce as entry-level technician in health care settings.
Contact: Brad Robinson
Phone: (210) 829-2787
Due to requirements of affiliation agreements with external agencies, the following are required for students wanting to complete observations in various healthcare areas:
- Student must either be enrolled in an academic course where observation identified outcomes are expected OR they must enroll in the course "ATHP 1099: Observation" to be allowed to participate in observations in healthcare settings.
- Student must have all required immunizations on file
- Student must have documented proof of current healthcare provider CPR and first aid training.
- Student must have completed occupational bloodborn pathogen and HIPAA confidentiality training.
- Student must have have proof of healthcare professional student needle stick insurance coverage.
All students placements must be approved by the program director.
Note: Some agencies may require drug screening, a completed background screening, and/or have additional health requirements prior to participation.
Health Care Careeer Information from the American Medical Association:
Links to Finding Professional Programs: