Please be aware the MSN curriculum is undergoing revision. Admissions to the CNL and
the CNS Post Master's Certification Program will be based on the applicant's ability
to complete all requirements prior to August 2019.
- A master's degree with a major in nursing from a program accredited by the National
League for Nursing or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- A license to practice nursing in the State of Texas or one of the compact states recognized
by the State of Texas.
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience in professional nursing is preferred,
but not required.
- Advanced pathophisiology, health assessment and pharmacology within the past five
years are required. Students who do not meet these prerequisites will have these courses
included in their degree plan.
- A grade point average of 3.0 in graduate coursework.
- CPR certification, Exposure Insurance, Background Check, OSHA, HIPAA, PPE testing,
and current immunizations.
- Three satisfactory references (academic, professional).
- Official transcripts sent from each college/university attended (including hospital
school of nursing, if appropriate).
- An interview may be required and will be arranged as needed.
- Individual consideration will be given to those applicants who do not entirely meet
For further information, contact:
University of the Incarnate Word
Dr. Holly Cassells
Professor, School of Nursing and Health Professions
4301 Broadway, Box 300
San Antonio, TX 78209