Please be aware the MSN curriculum is undergoing revision. We are not accepting applications
for the Nursing Leadership Track at this time. Applications are no longer being accepted
for the CNL and the CNS Tracks, although the Post-Masters Certification programs for
CNS and CNL are still available.
Admissions requirements are:
- A bachelor's degree with a major in nursing from a program accredited by the National
League for Nursing or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- A license to practice nursing in the State of Texas or one of the compact states recognized
by the State of Texas.
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience in professional nursing is preferred,
but not required.
- A grade point average of 3.0 in graduate coursework.
- Three satisfactory references (academic, professional).
- Official transcripts sent from each college/university attended (including hospital
school of nursing, if appropriate).
- An interview may be required and will be arranged as needed.
- Individual consideration will be given to those applicants who do not entirely meet
For further information, contact:
Dr. Holly Cassells
Professor, School of Nursing and Health Professions
(210) 829-3977 email: email@example.com
Secretary of Graduate Programs
(210) 283-6379 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of the Incarnate Word
4301 Broadway, Box 300
San Antonio, TX 78209