For further information, contact:
- A baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing from a nationally accredited program.
- A license to practice nursing in the State of Texas or one of the compact states recognized
by the State of Texas.
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience in professional nursing is preferred,
but not required.
- A course in basic statistics with a grade of "C" or better and a nursing course in
basic physical assessment skills.
- A grade point average of 2.75 in all undergraduate work and an average of 3.0 in upper-division
nursing courses that serve as the foundation for the graduate major.
- Three satisfactory references (academic, professional).
- Official transcripts sent from each college/university attended (including hospital
school of nursing, if appropriate).
- An in-person interview will be arranged as needed.
Dr. Diana Beckmann-Mendez
Assistant Professor, School of Nursing and Health Professions, BSN-DNP Track Coordinator/FNP
Upon admittance into the program, students must submit a confirmation fee, which serves as acceptance of the seat in the UIW DNP program. The $500 deposit
is required within the time frame designated by the acceptance letter in order to
hold and confirm the spot in the entering class. The full fee is non-refundable if
a student decides not to attend UIW. Upon confirmed entry into the program and two
weeks after the first day of class, $400 will be applied to the student's UIW account.