The CHED Program is directly aligned with the IFMSNHP mission, values, and goals that
The mission of the Ila Faye Miller School of Nursing and Health Professions is to
extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Word, through the educational
preparation of health professionals.
- Prepare culturally diverse graduates who:
- Utilize current knowledge and evidence in professional practice,
- Participate in service experiences that address social inequities and justice,
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interconnection between health/wellness and quality
of life, and
- Integrate core values into professional practice that build upon the heritage of the
Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word.
- Programmatically facilitate educational value outcomes.
- Develop, share, and actualize the knowledge of specific health disciplines and the
art and science of teaching.
- Incorporate university core values which build on the heritage of the Sisters of Charity
of the Incarnate Word within faculty, staff, and administrative practice.