The overarching program goal is to prepare professional health educators to provide effective health education services based on the seven areas of responsibility with their competencies and sub-competencies as set by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing Inc.
The program’s mission is to build comprehensive health knowledge and skills in an effort to prepare and empower students to value and engage in a lifelong healthy lifestyle which will allow them to reach their fullest potential and assure that they become productive responsible health educators. This is consistent with the Mission of the University of the Incarnate Word in providing graduates within communities with lifelong learning and the fostering of the whole person.
The programs student learning outcomes are as follow:
1. Assess individual and community needs at the entry level
2. Plan health education strategies, interventions, and programs at the entry level
3. Implement health education strategies, interventions, and programs at the entrylevel
4. Conduct evaluations and research related to health education at the entry level
5. Serve as health education resource person at the entry level
6. Communicate and advocate for health and health education at the entry level
7. Incorporate basic bio statistical knowledge and skills into practice
8. Incorporate basic epidemiologic knowledge and skills into practice
9. Incorporate basic environmental health knowledge and skills into practice
10. Incorporate basic health services administration knowledge and skills intopractice
© . University of the Incarnate Word. All rights reserved. Send feedback to the Web Team.