The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Incarnate Word will
be offering scholarships up to $9,000 for new and current UIW students who plan to
major in mathematics or statistics.
- Be a current student at UIW or have applied for full-time admission to the fall semester.
- Have an overall GPA of 2.8 or above, with a combined average of all college mathematics
courses 3.0 or above. High school applicants must have an overall GPA of 82 points
out of 100 points and the average of all high school mathematics courses combined
must equal 82 points or above.
- Enroll in UIW as a mathematics or statistics major.
- Complete the SAMS at UIW application. Application
- Submit two letters of recommendation by faculty, at least one of whom must be a mathematics
faculty, in which the recommenders attest to the applicant’s (a) work ethic, (b) motivation,
(c) time management, (d) communication skills, and (e) interest in mathematics. (These
can be emailed from the faculty member directly to Dr. Theresa Martines email@example.com.)
- Submit a resumé. (This can be emailed directly to Dr. Theresa Martines firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Submit unofficial transcripts. (This can be emailed directly to Dr. Theresa Martines
- Be eligible to receive federal financial aid and demonstrate financial need as determined
by the FAFSA.
- Be a citizen of the United States, permanent resident, national of the United States,
or an alien admitted as a refugee und section 107 of the Immigration and Nationality
The priority deadline for applications is March 1st each year. Applications received
after this date will be put on a waiting list.
If you have questions about the S-STEM scholarship program, please contact Dr. Theresa
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under
Grant No. 1458026. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed
in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views
of the National Science Foundation (NSF).