There are several bits of information that we think will help you fully enjoy your
- Do not bring personal items to the Convocation Center. You cannot take them to the stage and you will not return to your original seat.
- Guests who wish to take your picture during the ceremony must not block the view of
other guests. Security officers monitor our staging areas carefully and will ask your family members
to move if they block the view of other guests. Your guests may quickly take your
picture but may not stay for an extended period. We recommend that you and your guests
stage photo opportunities either before or after the ceremony. Pictures taken by the
professional photographer will be available for purchase soon after the ceremony,
usually within 24 hours.
- There is limited parking on the campus near the Convocation Center. Please consider car-pooling.
- The Convocation Center is a gymnasium used for athletic events and the seating may
not be appropriate for the elderly. If your family members are elderly, ask them to arrive early so that they may sit
in seats with backs rather than in the bleachers.
- We cool the Convocation Center drastically before the May Commencement ceremonies
begin. We usually cool the building to around 67° which allows us to provide a comfortable
setting once we open the doors and the ceremony begins. We encourage your guests to
bring a light jacket or wrap if they arrive early.
- Lost articles? We turn over all articles left by you or your guests to our campus security. You
may contact them at 829-6030.
Office of the Registrar
University of the Incarnate Word
4301 Broadway, CPO 304
San Antonio, TX 78209