About San Antonio
- San Antonio is the 7th most populous city in America and is the 2nd most populous city in Texas with a population of 1.3 million.
- Downtown SA is famous for the Riverwalk attraction as well as the Battle of the Alamo, with the last remaining structure of the mission right in the middle of downtown!
- The San Antonio missions are UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- San Antonio is the intersection of the 2 longest north/south and east/west highways in America, I-35 and I-10.
- San Antonio is only 1 hour away from Austin, 3 hours away from Houston, and 4 hours away from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area if you are looking to get away for a weekend.
- San Antonio is also known as “military city” as we are home to the nation’s largest active and retired military population.
- San Antonio and the surrounding areas of the city are home to many different cultures and there is a taste of everything from Mexican to German to French.
- We are the proud hometown of the 5 time NBA champions, the San Antonio Spurs and we are also home to a minor league baseball team, the Missions, as well as arena football, the Talons.
- There is a variety of things to do and explore while here in San Antonio, so welcome!
Things to do in San Antonio
Go to www.visitsanantonio.com the click browse and book
- San Antonio Zoo
- Botanical Gardens
- Chinese Tea Gardens
- Natural Bridge Caverns
- Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch
- The Alamo
- Laugh Out Loud Comedy Club
- River Walk
- Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum / Wax House Golfing
- Sea World
- Six Flags
- Stock Show and Rodeo
- Missions Baseball
- Spurs Basketball
- Rampage Hockey
- Talons Football
- Fiesta: Oyster Bake, NIOSA, Night in Old San Antonio
Apartments Near UIW SoPT
2.5 miles or less
- Brynwood Apartments
- 8711 Bowens Crossing, SA TX 78250
- 1.7 miles; 4 minutes from campus
- Silver Rock Apartments
- 9830 Camino Villa, SA TX 78254
- 2.2 miles; 5 minutes from campus
- Bandera Crossing Apartments
- 9821 Camino Villa, SA TX 78254
- 2.2 miles; 7 minutes from campus
- The Park at Braun Station
- 9603 Camino Villa, SA TX 78250
- 2.4 miles; 6 minutes from campus
5 miles or less
- Hidden Lakes Apartments
- 8910 North Loop 1604, SA TX 78249
- 3.6 miles; 10 minutes from campus
- Laurel Canyon Apartments
- 10809 Westwood Loop, SA TX 78254
- 4.8 miles; 10 minutes from campus
- La Mirage Apartments
- 8050 Oakdell Way, SA TX 78251
- 4.9 miles; 11 minutes from campus
More than 5 miles
- The Lodge at Westover Hills
- 9931 Hyatt Resort Dr, SA TX 78251
- 5.4 miles; 12 minutes from campus
- Whispering Creek Villas
- 5303 Hamilton Wolfe Rd, SA TX 78229
- 5.5 miles; 14 minutes from campus
- Carmel Canyon Apartments
- 11727 Culebra Rd, SA TX 78253
- 6.3 miles; 13 minutes from campus
Schools Near UIW SoPT
All local schools near UIW DPT are located in Northside ISD (nisd.net)
There are 73 different elementary schools in the district, 19 middle schools and 15 high schools depending on your child’s age! There is even a middle school right across the street from campus and an elementary school down the road.
Churches Near UIW SoPT
There are multiple churches near campus!
- Bandera Road Community Church
- Crossing Point Church
- Crossroad Baptist Church
- Grace Point Church
- Great Grace Christian Church
- Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses
- Northwest Community Church
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church (Helotes)
- Prince of Peace Catholic Church
- St. Brigid Catholic Church
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church
- Zion Lutheran Church
- And many other denominations located between Bandera Road and 1-10!