Direct Admit to DPT Program
The Direct Admit option for first-time freshmen students leads to a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree. The School of Physical Therapy educates physical therapists who, through skilled, reflective, holistic patient-centered practice, and scholarly activities, optimize movement and wellness for the common good of society.
Direct Admit Qualifications to the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program include but are not limited to:
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.7
- High school math and science GPA of 3.7 (minimum of three years each)
- ACT of 25 or combined verbal/math SAT of 1210
- Students must meet minimum requirements to be placed into Pre-Calculus in the first
semester of their freshmen year.
- SAT Math score of 550 or ACT Math score of 22
- A grade of B or better in high school Pre-Calculus
- Volunteer and community service involvement
- Interview with Physical Therapy faculty
Direct Admit Scholarship:
Students admitted to the Doctor of Physical Therapy Direct Admit option will receive a $2500 scholarship per year for full-time study, renewable for up to eight years. Students will be required to maintain an acceptable GPA to continue in the program.
Criteria to be maintained while at UIW:
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from University of the Incarnate Word
- Maintenance of a 3.3 or higher pre-requesite and overall GPA at the conclusion of each academic year.
- Successful completion of 30 credit hours per academic year
- Completion of pre-requesite courses with a C grade or higher
- 100 observation hours in a minimum of two (2) physical therapy settings
- Completion of the GRE with a minimum of 150 verbal score/300 total score
- Membership and active participation in the Society for Therapeautic Rehabilitation Students
- Minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation to include two (2) letters from licensed physical therapists and one (1) from an academic advisor or faculty member
- No conduct violations as an undergraduate student
- Successful report on a background check
- Successful interview with SoPT faculty in the fall semester of the senior year of undergraduate study
- $500 non-refundable enrollment deposit to be paid during the Spring semester of senior year
To be contacted by an Admissions Counselor, please fill out our UIW Inquiry Form.
For additional admissions questions, please contact:
School of Physical Therapy Admissions Office at: