Frequently displayed gadgets include gadgets that provide the functionality for an
activity feed of recent site activity, the system inbox for messaging and notifications,
a list of pages that are currently checked out by the user. These provide the user
a thumbnail view of content, messaging, and the ability to navigate to the content
items. For example, the system gadgets illustrated in the screenshot below are as
- My Checked Out Content: Shows the content checked out by the current user and the date/time stamp that the
content, which can be a page, asset, or file, was checked out. Within this gadget,
the pages are linked and can be clicked to for editing or approving. The light bulb
icon indicates the page is checked out and clicking the icon checks the page back
- Activity: Activity shows content with recently performed actions such as a scheduled publish,
expire, or upload.
- Inbox: Provides a scrollable list of recently received messages.
- Site Analytics: Provides a quick snapshot of UIW's overall site analytics. The Site Analytics Gadget
includes the following features and functionality:
- Choice of multiple analytics views through the drop-down selector at the top right
(this may vary depending on your user group)
- Home icon for reverting to thumbnail view after viewing a data group's expanded view.
Double-clicking the home icon resets the thumbnail view to the initial three items
- Custom and preconfigured date range selections (e.g., Last 7 Days, Today, and Last
30 Days) with a calendar popover
- Thumbnail views of metrics and dimensions, which include data points
- Expanded view for each set of metrics and dimensions, which includes the same graphic
from the thumbnail view as well as an aggregate for the dimension. For example, if
the dimension is a time range of one week, and the metric is pageviews both unique
and total, the expanded view additionally provides the total for all unique pageviews
for the week and the total page views for the week.
- Slider to scroll through thumbnail views for each item (e.g., Pageviews by date, New
Visits by date)
- Horizontal bullet points for horizontal scrolling through the detailed metrics
- In either thumbnail and expanded displays, hover over the data point on the chart,
list, or map for the details of the data point
Configuring the Dashboard
The Configure Dashboard link can be used to choose which gadgets to display on the
Dashboard. Every user level has access to this functionality.
- Click Dashboard on the Menu Bar.
- Click Configure Dashboard.
- The Dashboard Configuration window will popup on your screen. Click the gadget box
to select or deselect gadgets to display on your Dashboard.
- A gadget with a checkmark and a green background indicates it is being shown on the
- A gadget without a checkmark indicates it is not being shown on the Dashboard.
- Click Save.