The First Year Engagement Office welcomes freshman students to the University of the
Incarnate Word. We would like to invite current students in good academic standing
with a positive and fun attitude to assist us in this important task by serving as
What is an Orientation Leader (OL)?
An OL is someone who...
- Serves as a student member of the Orientation staff and assists in facilitating our
New Student Orientation.
- Will commit to be present and work ALL summer orientation sessions (see list of important
dates in information packet).
- Assists in welcoming and providing a smooth transition for all new students to our
- Has a sincere desire to help welcome and motivate new students and their families
during their Orientation session.
- Has a passion for the University of the Incarnate Word and will share all knowledge
of the university to students and their parents.
- Is willing to be a part of a dynamic group of current students who seeks to create
an atmosphere that minimizes anxiety and promotes a positive attitude.
- Able to attend a comprehensive training session that include orientation leader guidance
Why should I apply?
- You have the opportunity to earn money while having fun, meeting new friends, and
making a positive impact on new students and their families.
- You will be provided with an OL Staff shirt, UIW cap and other cool swag.
- Great opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- Great leadership opportunity.
- Experience to develop a professional resume.
- A chance to make new friends and be apart of a family.
Where do I apply?
If you are Cardinal Strong and would like to become a part of this amazing group of
students please contact the Orientation Leader Coordinator from the First Year Engagement
(FYE) Office for more information. The FYE Office is located in the chapel building,
When is the application deadline?
Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
Thank you for your interest in becoming an OL!
MORE ORIENTATION INFORMATION
The University of the Incarnate Word provides reasonable accommodation with adequate
notice. To request disability accommodation for this event, please contact:
Michelle Beasley, 210-829-3997, or email@example.com at least 5 days in advance.