Ask Red:

CARDINAL Checklist


Please be sure to complete the following steps to ensure a seamless transition to the university. Please keep in mind, not all checklist items may apply to you.

Obtain your Student ID

Campus Life - Marian Hall (210) 829-6034

Your student ID will be issued at orientation once you have registered for classes. There is no charge for the first ID card. You must bring your driver license or state identification card and your current UIW class schedule.


Office of Residence Life - Marian Hall (210) 829-6034

If you plan to live on campus, you must complete a housing application and submit a $225 housing deposit. Your priority for a housing assignment is based on the date we receive your housing application and the $225 housing deposit. Meal plan options are indicated on the housing application and are based on housing assignments.

You are encouraged to purchase renter’s insurance to protect your general property and PCs.

Financial Aid

Chapel Building –First floor (210) 829-6008

Submit your completed FAFSA and UIW Student Information Form (SIF).  Review your Financial Assistance Award Letter for additional steps and/or requirements. If you have questions/concerns, contact the Office of Financial Assistance to speak with a Financial Aid representative.

Business Office

Administration Building Room 190 (210) 829-6043

    • Obtain a copy of your invoice
    • Parking decals are available online, if applicable
    • Set up a meal plan– commuter plans are also available for students not living on campus
    • Submit an insurance waiver on-line, if you have your own insurance
    • Set up a tuition payment plan if needed

Please observe deadlines (waivers, payment plan, parking decals, laptop), which are published on the Business Office quick link and the schedule of classes catalog.

UIW Bookstore

McCombs Center- 4th floor (210) 829-6056

Purchase your books at the UIW Bookstore or reserve them online. Make sure to take a copy of your class schedule. Students needing assistance paying for books and supplies should contact the Office of Financial Assistance.

Official Documents

Registrar’s Office AD 129 (210) 829-6006

All Official Transcripts, AP Exam & CLEP Exam scores must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office by the first week of school.

Submit Immunization/Health Records

Health Services (210) 829-6017

UIW has contracted with Magnus Health to manage your student health records. You need to submit proof of your Meningitis vaccine to your Magnus Health account for UIW. You will receive an email that contains a username and password for your account. The email will contain brief instructions that explain how you should access the account. If you do not receive this email or if you have further questions, please contact the Magnus Health Help Desk at 877-461-6831. We suggest checking your spam mail as the initial email will come from Magnus rather than UIW.

Go to Class

We hope that you have a very successful semester and journey at the University of Incarnate Word. Remember we - faculty, staff and administrators - are here to assist you; do not hesitate to ask questions.

Have a Great First year!

The University of the Incarnate Word provides reasonable accommodation with adequate notice. To request disability accommodation for this event, please contact:
Rochelle Ramirez 210-805-3069 at least 5 days in advance.

More Quick Links