Home  >  Office of Research & Graduate Studies  >  Graduate Studies  >  Support  >  Student Resources

facebook twitter instagram


Student Resources

Student Resources The University of the Incarnate Word offers a variety of resources to help students achieve their scholarly, personal, and professional goals. 


Academic Resources


Accessibility Resources



Arts & Entertainment Resources


Campus Resources

  • Campus Map
  • Technical Support

    Student Engagement Center, Lower Level

    Help Desk

    (210) 829-2721



    Students and faculty may bring their laptops to the front desk for diagnostic services and minor troubleshooting. The HelpDesk@SEC serves as the initial point of contact for all calls related to desktop and laptop support as well as calls related to audiovisual classroom support.

  • Book Store

    Student Engagement Center

    (210) 829-6056

    Email: uiw@bkstr.com


  • Campus ID

     Student Engagement Center, Level 3, Room 3150

    (210) 829-6034


    Each enrolled graduate student is provided with an official University Identification Card enabling the student to attend University functions and utilize University facilities and services. ID cards can be used to purchase food on campus, check out books from the library, and gain entry into the Wellness Center, Natatorium, athletic events, and theatre performances. The first ID is free and is available in the Cardinal Card Office.

    *School of Professional Studies and School of Osteopathic Medicine provide student ID’s at the specific school location.


  • Campus Dining 

    There are a variety of dining options on campus. 


    • Resident Dining & Coffee Shop: Experience a wide variety of fresh food buffet style. Enjoy fresh brewed coffee from the Coffee Shop locatedaboutside of the Resident Dining entrance. 
      • Located in the Student Engagement Center, 1st Floor 
    • Hortencia's: This cafe features brands like Chick-Fil-A and Sammie's. It also offers convenience and grocery items. 

      • Located in the Administration Building, Ground Level 

    • Finnegan's: This coffee shop features the best of Starbucks coffees, lattes, and teas along with a variety of snacks, sandwiches, and pastries. 
      • Located in the Mabee Library, 1st Floor 
    • Luciano Pizzeria: Experience delicious authentic Italian pizzas and cuisine. 
      • Located in the Student Engagement Center, Ground Level



Financial Resources 

  • Financial Aid

    Chapel Building (located directly behind the Administration Building)

    (210) 829-6008

    Email: finaid@uiwtx.edu


    Financial assistance consists of various federal, state, institutional, and private programs designed to assist you with financing your college education. The majority of federal and state student aid programs are based on the idea that you (and your parents or spouse, if applicable) have the primary responsibility for paying educational expenses. Those expenses, or costs of attendance (COA), can include tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, board, personal expenses, transportation, and expenses related to dependent care. Financial assistance is generally intended to meet the gap between your expected family contribution (EFC) from your FAFSA and the cost of attending college.

  • GrantForward Database

    The University of the Incarnate Word has subscribed to GrantForward Funding Opportunity Search and Recommendation service, which is open to all members of our institution. We invite you to sign up to use the service to keep your awareness of funding opportunities. GrantForward (see quick overview video) helps you find grant opportunities that suit your research needs with a database of grants from over 12,000 sponsors which is updated daily. You can search for grants by keywords and advanced filters, save your favorite searches for new grant alerts, and save your favorite grants to keep track of them.  GrantForward also recommends grants to you based on your CV, past publications, and research interests. 


    You can access GrantForward at www.grantforward.com 

  • Student Employment

    UIW students may apply online for any available postings. Working as a student employee is an excellent way to make money while attending classes, as well as, gaining valuable work experience. All students, including international students on F-1 or J-1 Visas, may only work up to 20 hours a week while classes are in session and during breaks.

    Search employment opportunities: 



Health and Wellness Resources

  • Counseling Services  

    (210) 832-5656


    Broadway Campus: Administration Building, Suite 438

    M-TR 8:00a-6:00p, Fri. 8:00a-5:00p

    School of Osteopathic Medicine (SOM): Room B151

    M-F 1:30p-5:00p

    School of Physical Therapy: Room 1146

    Wednesday 1:00p-5:00p

  • Health Services 

    Ground level of Agnese Sosa Parking Garage (entrance behind the Illa Faye Miller School of Nursing)

    (210) 829-6017

    Email: healthsvcs@uiwtx.edu


    The Campus Health Center provides basic health services that focus on primary prevention care, health education and counseling, care for acute minor illnesses and injuries, and the maintenance of health records and assistance with the university insurance plan. 

  • Wellness Facilities 

    The University of the Incarnate Word Sports and Wellness department consists of the Richard and Janet Cervera Wellness Center, the Ann Barshop Natatorium and the Henrich Center for Fencing and International Sports as well as the intramural sport department and the club sport department. The mission of the UIW Sports and Wellness department is to enrich the lives of the UIW community through fitness, wellness, athletic participation and competition. 

  • Community Garden

    The Community Garden was started in 2012 by UIW students in a vacant plot behind the Gorman Building, an initiative designed to educate the student body about environmental sustainability and wellness while offering a free source of fresh vegetables for the consumptions of students and faculty. 



International Student Resources

  • International Student & Scholar Services

    International Conference Center (ICC), Room 200

    (210) 805-5705


    The Office of International Student and Scholar Services is here to help you navigate the U.S. and find your place here at UIW.  We host on and off-campus events for international students and scholars and work with the UIW and San Antonio community to help you make the most of your time in the U.S.   We are also your number one resource for U.S. federal immigration information as related to your student immigration status. 



Military Student Resources

  • Center for Veteran Affairs 

    Student Engagement Center, Level 3, Room 3021

    (210) 832-5651

    Email: veterans@uiwtx.edu


    The mission of the Center for Veterans Affairs is to welcome and recognize all service members who are serving and who have served to protect the rights and freedoms of our country. The Center is here to assist the students attending UIW, in all programs, using educational benefits under Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Educational Assistance Programs in the pursuit of their educational goals.



Mission and Faith Resources


Professional Development 

  • Career Services 

    Student Engagement Center, Level 3, Room 3030

    (210) 829-3931

    Email: careers@uiwtx.edu


    Career Services is committed to educating UIW students and Alumni in their career exploration development. Services include individual career counseling, personality and career assessment, resume and cover letter review, career-related workshops, and programs to assist with the necessary skills needed for post-graduation success. 


Safety Resources

  • University Police Department

    Located in the lobby of Clement Hall

    (210) 829-6030

    University Police Department Website

    The University of the Incarnate Word Police Department is a recognized by the State of Texas as police agency.  The Chief of Police, Robert Chavez, oversees a staff combined of both sworn and nonsworn personnel.  Police officers are on duty 24 hours a day 365 days a year, to insure the safety of the University community, enforce the laws of Texas and the regulations of the University.

  • Title IX

    Administration Building, Room 425

    (210) 283-5091

    Title IX Website

  • Parking

    A parking permit is required to park on campus. Any vehicle that is not registered or does not have a permit properly displayed is subject to a parking fine.

    Parking Website