RN to BSN or MSN Admissions
RN-BSN Degree Completion Application Process
Students who plan to follow the RN-BSN degree completion Alternate Pathway should apply to the School of Extended Studies, Adult Degree Completion Program (ADCaP) for admission to the University.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A completed application form.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Evidence of current licensure to practice nursing in Texas.
- Military personnel may submit evidence of current licensure in the United States.
RN-BSN Admission Policies
Applicants work with an assigned advisor to complete the application process. Admission requirements include:
- Overall GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of all prerequisites with a minimum grade of C.
- Hepatitis B series (#1, #2, #3)
- MMR (1, #2)
- Current TB test of chest x-ray
- Current Health Care Provider CPR
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas
- Evidence of needle stick insurance
Admission Requirements to Graduate Program (MSN)
- Application and a non-refundable application fee
- Statement of professional goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current resume
- Successful interview with Program Coordinator (MSN) program