- A baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing or Comission on Collegiate Nursing Education (including nursing courses in community health and leadership/management)
- A current license to practice nursing in the State of Texas or one of the
compact states recognized by the State of Texas.
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience in professional nursing
is preferred, but not required.
- A course in basic statistics with a grade of "C" or better and a course in basic physical assessment skills.
- A grade point average of 2.5 on all undergraduate work and an average of 3.0 in upper-division nursing courses that serve as the foundation for the graduate major.
- Acceptance into graduate study by the university.
- Acceptance into graduate nursing study by the MSN Committee.
- CPR certification, Exposure Insurance, Background Check, OSHA and HIPPA testing, and current immunizations.
- Three satisfactory references (academic, professional).
- Official transcripts sent from each college/university you have attended (including hospital school of nursing, if appropriate).
- An interview
Individual consideration is given to those applicants who do not entirely meet specific requirements.
B. Procedures for Graduate Admission
- Review the admissions procedures for the School of Graduate Studies and Research.
- Submit Application for Graduation Admissions Application form.
- Enclose a $20.00 application fee (non-refundable).
- Request official transcripts be sent from each college or university you have attended (include hospital school of nursing, if appropriate).
- Call the Office of Admissions at (210) 829-6005 if you have any questions about receipt of documents or about admission to the University.
C. Procedure for admission to the Master of Science in Nursing
- Submit the Master of Science in Nursing Application form to:Nursing Graduate Director, University of the Incarnate Word, 4301 Broadway, CPO 300, San Antonio, Texas 78209-6397.
- Request that the three Professional and Academic Reference Forms be sent, in sealed envelopes, to: Nursing Graduate Program Director, University of the Incarnate Word, 4301 Broadway, CPO 300, San Antonio, Texas 78209-6397.
- Interviews will be arranged as needed. Bring current RN license.
D. Once the application is complete, applicants will be notified of their admission status by mail.
____ UIW Graduate Application Form
____ Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
____ $20.00 non-refundable fee
____ MSN Application Form
____ Three professional references
For further information, contact:
Dr. Holly Cassells
Professor, School of Nursing and Health Professions
University of the Incarnate Word
4301 Broadway, Box 300
San Antonio, TX 78209