San Antonio – A career in the legal field is within your reach. Everyone knows that law firms hire paralegals, but did you know that the same skills are used in other industries?
In as short as 14 weeks you can be qualified for a rewarding new job in the following industries:
• Insurance agencies
• Real estate companies
• Legal clinics
• Government agencies
• Charitable organizations
• Accounting and engineering firms
• Title companies
• Construction companies
• Legal aid offices
• Automobile dealerships
The University of the Incarnate Word – School of Extended Studies is offering online classes to students and community members in San Antonio to earn a Paralegal Certificate.
Highlights of this nationally acclaimed program include:
- Attorney and paralegal ethics
- Techniques of jury selection and the jury selection process
- How to prepare legal documents including demand letters, pleadings, discovery documents, motions and memos
- Significant elements of the substantive law of torts, contracts
- The important rules of civil procedure and evidence
- How to conduct legal research and learn how to use the 4 most effective legal research tools found in virtually every law library
- How to conduct legal analysis and perform legal problem solving
- How to conduct computerized legal research used extensively in law offices throughout the country.
- Proper and effective legal writing style
- How to begin your job search and perhaps begin a freelance paralegal business after your education
Classes start March 10, 2014. For more information and registration, please visit www.adcap.uiw.edu/cls or call 1-800-522-7737.
CONTACT: Margaret Garcia, associate director public relations, (210) 422-4052, firstname.lastname@example.org or Director of Marketing & Recruitment, Extended Academic Programs Julie H. Weber at (210) 832-5631 or by email at email@example.com