The University Mission Committee is composed of representatives from the various Schools
and administrative areas. Its main responsibilities revolve around the following:
- To understand the mission and core values and what they mean in everyday life and
- To assist in creating an environment which promotes mission and values.
- To assist and advise in developing ways to integrate mission and values into every
aspect of the organization.
- To be the eyes, ears, heart of the institution-to listen, to observe, to experience
what employees are concerned about.
- To provide a forum for discussion of ideas, resources and concerns regarding mission
- To assist in designing celebration activities, e.g., Heritage Week and Incarnate Word
Goal and Objectives
TO IDENTIFY, FACILITATE AND REINFORCE THE INTEGRATION OF MISSION VALUES IN ALL ASPECTS
OF CAMPUS LIFE
- To promote educational activities which help to deepen our appreciation for Incarnational
Spirituality and its relationship to mission.
- To participate in the effort to articulate the behaviors which demonstrate mission
- To foster the University's role in carrying out the Church's social mission.
- To participate in mission-centered hiring processes.
- To collaborate on producing a mission/orientation video.
- To continue the ECE dialogue.
- To take a leading part in the CCVI Spirit Award and the Student Spirit Award processes.
- To develop and lead special mission events, e.g., Heritage and Incarnate Word Weeks.