Do you want to make a difference? Do you care about people? Do you want flexibility
and good earning potential in your career? Are you up to a life long challenge? Then
a career in Healthcare Management is the choice for you. Here are the facts!
- Excellent earning potential – Salaries range from $79,750 to greater than $123,500 annually with the median salary
in San Antonio, TX being $99,112 (as of September 2014). The median total compensation
(includes benefits) is $136,213.
- Rapid healthcare employment growth with Texas being third highest in the nation for
employment in this industry.
- Make a difference and improve the lives of hundreds, even thousands of people everyday.
Healthcare executives care deeply about the people they work with and serve.
- Career Opportunities - Rapid employment growth is projected for the medical and health
services management field according to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor.
More significantly, the number of medical and health services management positions
in this country is reported to be 315,500 (in 2012) and is expected to grow by 23% from 2012 to 2022. Job opportunities are expected to be particularly good in the offices of health practitioners,
in general medical and surgical hospitals, in home health care services, and in outpatient
care centers. Individuals with work experience in health care and strong business
and management skills likely will have the best opportunities. A master's degree is
the standard credential for most positions.
- Career flexibility with a variety of health settings in which to work, such as:
- Ambulatory care facilities
- Federal agencies
- Health insurance companies
- Home health agencies
- Hospital and health systems
- Integrated delivery systems
- Long-term care facilities
- Management consulting
- Managed care organizations
- Medical group practices
- Mental health organizations
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Public health departments